Sawyer Kelley Mill

Sawyer Kelley Photo Slideshow

Sawyer Kelley Photo Slideshow

Enjoy this Sawyer Kelley photo slideshow from the mill in Huntley, IL before it was demolished. The Huntley History Alliance was invited by the Village of Huntley to walk through the Mill and make a photographic record of the building before demolition. Photographs were taken by members of the Huntley Historical Society, the Village of Huntley Historic Preservation Commission, The Huntley Park District, and the Local History Department at the Huntley Area Public Library. Photographs were taken in April 2014.…

Read More

Sawyer-Kelley Mill

The imposing white building on the south side of Main Street near the town square has been a village landmark since it was built in 1892.   The Village of Huntley recently purchased this property, known by local historians as the Sawyer-Kelley Mill. W. G. Sawyer and John T. Kelley actually owned two grain mills in town.  The first was located in the building originally built in the late 1860s along what today is Route 47. That historic building, most…

Read More